At Mountain Chevy, we know our customers love to pack up the truck or SUV and head out for Rocky Mountain hiking, skiing, kayaking, and snowboarding adventures, among others, so we thought it would be fun to recommend some great winter destinations outside of Colorado for you to all try this year. Here are our favorites:
- Arizona wildflowers: By the end of winter, Arizona’s wildflowers are already in full bloom. Some of the best places to take them in include Lost Dutchman State Park and Picacho Peak State Park.
- Sandia Peak: Take the tram up the mountainside for picturesque views of Albuquerque, New Mexico, in the wintertime.
- Jackson Hole: Jackson Hole, Wyoming, is one of the best places to snowboard every winter. Be sure to check out Rendezvous Mountain for the largest lift-accessed vertical drop in the country at 4,139 feet.
- Snowshoeing in Utah: Utah is one of the best states for snowshoeing, with several resorts throughout the state that have miles upon miles of terrain dedicated to snowshoeing. Resorts include Sundance Mountain, Cherry Peak, Alta Ski, Solitude Mountain, Park City, and Snowbasin.
- Birdwatching in Nebraska: If you’re tired from the slopes and need a more tranquil escape, consider going winter birdwatching in Nebraska, as the state gets an abundance of bright eastern meadowlarks in the winter.
Happy winter adventures, and happy New Year!