When the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD was revealed, we all gravitated to the seemingly impossible spec: a 52-percent increase in maximum towing capacity, at up to 35,500 pounds. But that’s not the only big change for the new heavy-duty pickup line. Here are three other big changes for the 2020 Silverado HD that we are all excited about:
- The electric tailgate: Last year, the
Silverado’s sibling, the GMC Sierra, benefited from the new MultiPro Tailgate.
In a similar move, GM’s other truck brand, Chevy, has added an electric
tailgate to the new Silverado HD, which allows the tailgate to raise or lower
with just the press of a button — on the key fob, on the interior dashboard,
and on the tailgate itself.
- Multiple camera views: For 2020, the
Chevy Silverado HD gets up to 15 camera views available, making it easier to
change lanes, reverse, and navigate tight spaces, with or without a trailer.
That’s more cameras than any other truck in the segment. The bird’s-eye camera
(HD Surround Vision) and the industry-first transparent trailer view camera are
two of the standouts.
- Improved storage: Chevy upped its game
in terms of in-cabin storage for the 2020 model, with a wireless charging
station, hidden storage compartments, and more.
Experience the fresh details of the 2020 Silverado HD for yourself when you stop by Mountain Chevrolet.
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado will arrive here at Mountain Chevrolet in just a few months. The completely redesigned pickup will be available starting this fall with a wide range of changes and enhancements.
For starters, Chevrolet promises the most functional bed of any full-size truck. The new Silverado bed will boast best-in-class cargo volume, 12 fixed tie-downs, a higher-strength steel floor, and some class-exclusive features, like the power up/down tailgate with key fob operation.
The 2019 Silverado will boast six engine and transmission choices, including the new 2.7-liter Turbo four-cylinder engine and the Duramax 3.0-liter inline-six diesel engine. The four-cylinder replaces the outgoing 4.3-liter V6 and increases torque by 22 percent. The diesel engine, as well as the popular 6.2-liter engine, will be paired with a new Hydra-Matic 10-speed automatic transmission and start/stop technology.
Chevrolet will offer eight distinct Silverado models for 2019, which can be separated into three groups: High Value, High Volume, and High Feature. High-Value models include the Work Truck, Custom, and Custom Trail Boss (a new model for 2019). High Volume Silverado trucks include the LT, RST, and LT Trail Boss; the RST and LT Trail Boss are also new for the upcoming model year. High Feature models include LTZ and High Country.
For more information about the upcoming arrival of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado, feel free to visit us at Mountain Chevrolet.
Chevrolet’s full lineup of vehicles is perfectly suited for Colorado roads. The efficient Volt and Bolt can take you long ranges without refueling. The small Malibu and Spark are perfect for navigating Denver’s city streets, and large SUVs and pickups like the Chevy Tahoe and Silverado tackle the harsh conditions and steep inclines of the Rocky Mountains without issue.
If you are new to pickup trucks and plan to get one for Colorado’s wintry roads, consult our guide for first-time truck owners.
- Blind spots: When you adjust your mirrors in your new truck, you will notice that you have new blind spots you are not used to from driving smaller cars. Become familiar with where your blind spots are before entering the roadway.
- Turning and reversing: You are in a much larger vehicle when you own a pickup, which can make turning and going in reverse more of a challenge. Practice in an empty parking lot, making sure to use your rearview camera and mirrors to your advantage. Before attempting to reverse when towing or hauling, watch some online tutorials or ask a veteran truck driver for tips.
- Weight: Pickup trucks are much heavier than smaller cars — often by more than 2,000 pounds. This means your momentum when driving is much greater, so take it slow and give yourself plenty of time and room to brake.
If you’re on the hunt for a new pickup to add to your garage, stop by Mountain Chevrolet. We have a wide selection of new and used trucks to take you on your next adventure.